Wearing a Casual Tee to Work

Basic pieces like the perfect casual tee are the wardrobe staples, am I right? But they shouldn’t just be reserved for the weekend! To get the most wear out of my basic tees, I’ve started incorporating them into my work wear.

wearing tshirt to workPaired with a patterned skirt, my white v-neck looks clean. To make the outfit more complete, I threw on my denim jacket. Although also a casual piece, it rounds out the look.

What I love best about an ensemble like this is that it could easily go from work to weekend. Throwing on some flat sandals and losing the jacket would make this a great weekend outfit!

wearing casual shirt workcasual tops appropriate workwearing casual tee for workplain tshirt to work

How do you wear casual pieces to work?

Outfit details top: Mossimo, skirt: J.Crew Collection (similar, also worn here), jacket: Old Navy, shoes: J.Crew (similar), jewelry: Stella & Dot On the Mark Necklace, Demi Layering Necklace, Gigi Studs

Share:

23 thoughts on “Wearing a Casual Tee to Work

1. Lou (whatlouwore365)

I wore a casual tee to work yesterday with bright pink trousers and heels then for an afternoon in the park with the little one just swapped for sandals and sunglasses. Like you, I’d wear that at the weekend too! The stripes on your skirt almost look a sparkling golden colour in the sunshine, very pretty πŸ™‚

2. Rachel

I wear T-shirts a lot to work because I can with my dress code. But you can easily dress up a tee with a nice skirt and jacket, like you did here!

3. Alyssa

I have a stock pile of casual tees that I use to dress down fancier skirts, etc. I also dress THEM up with statement necklaces and such–they’re so easy to mix up!

4. Lacey

The dress code at my office is pretty strict, but I can usually get away with wearing a tee when I layer a blazer over it. I love the skirt you are wearing.

5. nikki

Love a tee and a pencil skirt! Such a cute look and I love that you added the denim jacket. I probably wear my basic white tshirt like once a week (Which would be why I need to get a new one…).

Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

6. Brenna

I love sneaking a casual T into a work outfit. You wear it so well with your fun stripey skirt – I usually do the same with skirts or statement jewels and colored pants.

7. AJ

The only time I’ve worn a tshirt to work is when I’m wearing a blazer over it and its casual/jeans Friday. I really should mix it up and try to wear a tshirt with a skirt…thanks for the push!

-AJ