There is just something about the warmer months, when I spend a little less time attempting to tame my mane. Maybe it’s the insane amount of heat and humidity that I don’t feel like battling or maybe it’s just pure laziness. Regardless of the reason, I’ve found these top five quick fixes to get me out of the door without looking like a complete mess.
1. The naturally dried waves. Luckily (or unluckily, depending on how you see it), my hair has natural wave to it. There are some days, (ahem, this morning), when the most I have time to do is spritz a little leave-in conditioner and add some frizz tamer before heading out the door. This is probably the laziest of all lazy hairstyles, and perhaps the most unkempt. But eh? Some days it just happens.Outfit details here
2. The plain ole pony. Whether worn low or high, it’s a classic that I’ve been rocking since pre-k. Why fight a good thing?Outfit details here
3. The braided pony. If I’m feeling a little extra fancy (aka. have two additional minutes), I’ll add a braid to my classic ponytail. There are several variations: the mini side braid, the french side braid, and the half french-half ponytail. If I’m super-fancy, I might even make that braided pony into a bun. More on that in a minute…Outfit details here, here
4. The bun. For a while there, the sock bun and I were BFFs. I loved how thick and long it made my hair look, but lately I’ve been unfaithful. I find myself straying in favor of a messy bun. Don’t get me wrong, the sock bun still rocks, but now that my hair is a bit longer it looks pretty darn good in a regular bun. And messy buns are even quicker than sock buns, so maybe that explains that.Outfit details here, here
5. A braid. There are just so many endless options with braids, but as a creature of habit, I often stick with a french braid, a side braid or a side fishtail braid. The benefit of braids is that they can often turn into second-day hair waves. And who doesn’t love only styling their hair once in two days?Outfit details here, here
Tell me, what are your favorite lazy day hairstyles?
my go to lazy hair is the top bun! i got the bun ring from h&m!
Sandy a la Mode
I love the natural waves, wis my hair was like that.
I always turn to the pony or braid every lazy day!
These all look SO cute on you! Love the natural waves in style 1 🙂
The Other Side of Gray
So many great styles! I’m a big fan of a messy braid or top knot for lazy hair days. You’re lucky your natural waves are so pretty!
My lazy day hairstyle is a low bun, or just letting it be straight (mine is naturally straight.) Or if I was lazy the night before it will be wavy because I put it in a bun after my shower instead of just letting it dry, ha ha
Love all of these hairstyles Lauren and they are perfect for summer because I NEVER want to put too much effort into my hair with the humidity and everything 🙂 Such a great post!
I have to say, I’m pretty jealous of your ability to wear all of these hair styles! My fine/thin and stick straight hair does not allow me to do most of these, with the exception of the bun/sock bun! At least I have that one going for me! 😉 Haha!
These are so cute! I’ve gotten kind of lazy with my hair and don’t do anything exciting with it. I love the last hairstyle on you.
Fashion and Beauty Finds
I love, love, love a braid in the summer! It’s the best way to hold back my curls!
So many cute hairstyles! I wish I had the motivation to try some braids haha
I wear my hair natural (aka no blow drying or heat tools) 90% of the time. Crazy, I know. So I love #1 since that’s my go-to as well!
My hair has been in a ponytail pretty much every day this week. It’s been so hot here and I’ve been pressed for time so it works 🙂
The Tiny Heart
My lazy day hairstyle is just down – I comb it and run out the door. I love your look with the braid in front though, may have to add that to the routine 😉
Kristina does the Internets
My hair options are ponytail or down. I have fine hair that doesn’t hold curl, and I am terribly at getting it to stay in any sort of style. I need to find inspiration for a cute new hair cut because what I have now is just so boring.
I’ll have to try the braided pony, though. I like that a lot, and I think I could handle it.
Oh I’m loving that braided pony on you!
I’ve been getting lazy lately, these are great, thanks!
I LOVE soft braids in the summer, it makes me wish I had long hair so I could make it cute! The only thing I can do with my hair is a tiny side-bang twist, great for pool days.
I love the braided pony! So pretty!
I am obsessed with sock buns lately! They look so good, like I actually tried to fix my hair. But on Sunday I’ll be chopping off my hair again, so I’ll have to find a new go-to style!
OH! I love that braided pony!!! xo
Natural waves and the bun are my favorite but you really rock all of them!
Sparkles and Shoes
Love these hair styles! My favorite is the french side braid ponytail. I’ve never done it, but I want to learn how to do it.
i love your different hair styles!! I can’t wait until my hair is long enough to do a side braid again. I go to is usually the mini side braid with a pony tail.
I think you and I have the same kind of hair – except I get these annoying cow licks (is that wht they’re called? hairs that stick up, baby hairs kinda except theyre not super short anymore) and no matter what I do – they stick up on the sides of my head. annoying. these are GREAT tips though, I def get lazy w my hair sometimes but I dont like having it look bad. I haven’t done a braid yet. Maybe its time!
I couldn’t agree more with the naturally dried waves! That’s probably my most common lazy hair look – and the style I wore my hair the most in Hawaii. A part of me feels like if I wear my hair in beachy air dried waves, I’ll feel like I’m at the beach. I also love to rock a side braid if I want my hair out of my face at work.
Ps. Thanks for the lovely comment on my anniversary post yesterday! You were a stunning bride too and I love that our anniversaries aren’t that far apart!
My hair is too short to do anything fun with. My lazy day hair style is the same as my not lazy days…haha. I lvoe the braid.
June Group Giveaway!
I definitely wish my lazy hair looked this good. You are so cute!
AJ lazy hair = hat! My hair is short so I can’t do any of these…but they all look so awesome on you!
I love the natural beach waves and the bun. BUt since cutting my hair short, I just keep them down most of the days. Can’t wait for it to grow again so I can style it again!
By the way, I’ve updated my blog with a new post. I’d love for you to swing by 🙂 http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com
Braids are always a part of my lazy day hair looks – whether its braided back bangs and wavy hair or a braided pony!
xx, Bubbly in Brooklyn