Give it a Try: Leather Leggings

Leather. It’s pretty much the “it” item of the season, am I right? And I for one, am I big fan. In fact, I’ve previously featured my leather jacket and leather detail dress already this Fall. But one piece I was a little hesitant to try was leather leggings. For some reason, they completely intimidated me. So when Legwear Loft contacted me about sampling one of their items I was hesitantly drawn to the leggings. To dip my toe in the ole leather leggings pool, I went with their faux leather trim leggings. And guess what? I love black leggingsleather trim leggingsTrying them out was definitely an exercise in getting outside of my boundaries. Just because I’m typically drawn to girly, feminine pieces doesn’t mean I can’t throw a little edge in there every once in a while, right? And once I put this look together, it still felt completely “me.”faux leather trim leggingsfaux leather leggingsleopard trim tuniclong tunic leopard trimleopard detail tunicSo the unsolicited advice of the day is to get out there and try something new. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Top: Calvin Klein via Marshalls (similar), Leggings: c/o Legwear Loft, Shoes: Payless (similar), Bracelet: Stella & Dot Clover Double Wrap

*Linking the Pleated Poppy, Shanna, Transatlantic Blonde, Alison, Lauren, Amy

36 Comments on Give it a Try: Leather Leggings

1. Rebecca
    23 Oct at 5:46 am (2 years ago)

I have been seeing this trend all over the blogs I read! Yours look great! I may have to get some :)

2. Closet Fashionista
    23 Oct at 6:16 am (2 years ago)

Oooh, I love those leggings, they look amazing on you! I still have yet to buy leather pants, although I’ve been searching for my perfect pair

3. Inge
    23 Oct at 6:20 am (2 years ago)

Yeah I think leather leggings would intimidate me. But these with just the accent of leather, I would probably try! You look great, the top was a perfect match for your new leggings!

4. Ashley
    23 Oct at 6:50 am (2 years ago)

Oh my gosh….you are rocking these leggings. You look amazing. I haven’t tried the leather legging look yet…but I’m wanting to.

5. Laura
    23 Oct at 7:43 am (2 years ago)

I love the leather detail! It’s a nice way to try out the trend without going full on leather leggings. They look great on you!

6. Val @ Chicken Scratch
    23 Oct at 8:34 am (2 years ago)

This look is perfection. I love absolutely everything about it! So my style. Thanks for great inspiration!

7. Style Journey
    23 Oct at 8:47 am (2 years ago)

I think the leather trim is perfect for a pair of leggings if you are hesitant to go full out leather. You styled these beautifully!

8. Cheryl at Snaps of Ginger
    23 Oct at 8:54 am (2 years ago)

I so wish this would work for my body-type! Super-cute. Guess I’ll just have to live vicariously through you! haha

9. Tori
    23 Oct at 8:56 am (2 years ago)

Thank you so much for linking up with I Feel Pretty! I looovvee these leggings! You make me want to go out and buy a pair for myself!! To die for :)

10. Tiffany
    23 Oct at 9:00 am (2 years ago)

I need to have this shirt in my life!! Not sure I’ll be able to find a similar one at Marshall’s. Finger’s crossed!!

And these leggings!? Totally not something I would be drawn too but you look so edgy yet feminine. I need more of this!!!

11. Sharon
    23 Oct at 9:15 am (2 years ago)

I’m loving the leather trend too and these leggings look fabulous on you!

The Tiny Heart

12. Alyssa
    23 Oct at 9:33 am (2 years ago)

Leather leggings intimidate the heck out of me too! But once I actually wore then, I realized they weren’t THAT scary. You look so gorgeous!

13. Shanna
    23 Oct at 9:41 am (2 years ago)

Um, you rocked these leggings!! Home run, lady!! I loved seeing a more edgy side of your style. These definitely need to make another appearance soon!! :)

14. Alissa
    23 Oct at 9:48 am (2 years ago)

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried on a pair of leather leggings. They are so fun!

15. Niki
    23 Oct at 10:05 am (2 years ago)

You know I’m loving leather lately, and these look incredible on you! Legwear Loft is awesome!

16. Franziska
    23 Oct at 10:18 am (2 years ago)

your legs look absolutely amazing here!

17. Ashley
    23 Oct at 11:11 am (2 years ago)

Look at you in those leather leggings! You look awesome! Good for you for getting out of your comfort zone – I always feel a little weird trying new things, but I am usually happy with the results. It is so good to get out of your comfort zone sometimes!

18. Rachel
    23 Oct at 11:12 am (2 years ago)

These leggings are SEXY girl! You look INCREDIBLE :) Love the wall your next too as well!

19. Vicky
    23 Oct at 2:00 pm (2 years ago)

Go you! I bought some but have yet to wear them! I might have to break them out this weekend.

Come link up with me at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday

20. Vicky
    23 Oct at 2:02 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks for linking up with me this week too!

21. Nikki
    23 Oct at 2:23 pm (2 years ago)

You look awesome!! I just got some pants with leather down the sides and I can’t wait to wear them! Fabulous look!

22. Agi
    23 Oct at 4:56 pm (2 years ago)

I love leather leggings!!!! I have a pair and i wish i could wear them everyday. You look amazing. Love the way you styled it.

Hope you stop by tomorrow and link up to my weekly tres-chic fashion Thursday link up.

23. Jenn
    23 Oct at 5:58 pm (2 years ago)

love love love this look!

24. Lyddiegal
    23 Oct at 9:19 pm (2 years ago)

Just the trim makes for a very different and so much more approachable look than full on leather!

25. Head to Toe Chic
    23 Oct at 9:39 pm (2 years ago)

These leggings are so fun! They look great with your shirt with the gorgeous detailing.

26. Katie
    23 Oct at 10:31 pm (2 years ago)

you look awesome in these! i don’t own anything leather but want to and think I could do those!

27. Vicki @ WITC
    24 Oct at 9:25 am (2 years ago)

Dropping by from the I Feel Pretty Linkup! Thanks for the advice :) I should try something new today! I have tried on a few pairs of leather pants, haven’t made the plunge yet.

<3 Vicki

28. ash
    24 Oct at 12:27 pm (2 years ago)

I just bought some and can’t wait to take them on vacation with me this weekend! I’m gonna try them with some plaid and boots, 90s style! I think yours would look equally as good with something girlie, like a pink lace tunic.

29. AJ
    25 Oct at 7:27 am (2 years ago)

YAY for trying new trends and having them look FAB on you!

30. Rachel
    28 Oct at 8:39 pm (2 years ago)

Fab outfit! And can I just say how amazing the backdrop is?