Give it a Try: Leather Leggings

Leather. It’s pretty much the “it” item of the season, am I right? And I for one, am I big fan. In fact, I’ve previously featured my leather jacket and leather detail dress already this Fall. But one piece I was a little hesitant to try was leather leggings. For some reason, they completely intimidated me. So when Legwear Loft contacted me about sampling one of their items I was hesitantly drawn to the leggings. To dip my toe in the ole leather leggings pool, I went with their faux leather trim leggings. And guess what? I love them.style black leggingsleather trim leggingsTrying them out was definitely an exercise in getting outside of my boundaries. Just because I’m typically drawn to girly, feminine pieces doesn’t mean I can’t throw a little edge in there every once in a while, right? And once I put this look together, it still felt completely “me.”faux leather trim leggingsfaux leather leggingsleopard trim tuniclong tunic leopard trimleopard detail tunicSo the unsolicited advice of the day is to get out there and try something new. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Top: Calvin Klein via Marshalls (similar), Leggings: c/o Legwear Loft, Shoes: Payless (similar), Bracelet: Stella & Dot Clover Double Wrap

*Linking the Pleated Poppy, Shanna, Transatlantic Blonde, Alison, Lauren, Amy

p5rn7vb

36 Comments on Give it a Try: Leather Leggings

1. Rebecca
    23 Oct at 5:46 am (11 months ago)

I have been seeing this trend all over the blogs I read! Yours look great! I may have to get some :)

agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com
    Rebecca recently posted..Candy Corn DIY!My Profile

2. Closet Fashionista
    23 Oct at 6:16 am (11 months ago)

Oooh, I love those leggings, they look amazing on you! I still have yet to buy leather pants, although I’ve been searching for my perfect pair
    Closet Fashionista recently posted..{featured} StyleSaint ClothingMy Profile

3. Inge
    23 Oct at 6:20 am (11 months ago)

Yeah I think leather leggings would intimidate me. But these with just the accent of leather, I would probably try! You look great, the top was a perfect match for your new leggings!
    Inge recently posted..Pantone: KoiMy Profile

4. Ashley
    23 Oct at 6:50 am (11 months ago)

Oh my gosh….you are rocking these leggings. You look amazing. I haven’t tried the leather legging look yet…but I’m wanting to.
    Ashley recently posted..A little bit of fashion inspiration…My Profile

5. Laura
    23 Oct at 7:43 am (11 months ago)

I love the leather detail! It’s a nice way to try out the trend without going full on leather leggings. They look great on you!
    Laura recently posted..Wacky CakeMy Profile

6. Val @ Chicken Scratch
    23 Oct at 8:34 am (11 months ago)

This look is perfection. I love absolutely everything about it! So my style. Thanks for great inspiration!

7. Style Journey
    23 Oct at 8:47 am (11 months ago)

I think the leather trim is perfect for a pair of leggings if you are hesitant to go full out leather. You styled these beautifully!
    Style Journey recently posted..Mad for PlaidMy Profile

8. Tori
    23 Oct at 8:56 am (11 months ago)

Thank you so much for linking up with I Feel Pretty! I looovvee these leggings! You make me want to go out and buy a pair for myself!! To die for :)

Tori

FashionBlingGirlyThings

9. Tiffany
    23 Oct at 9:00 am (11 months ago)

I need to have this shirt in my life!! Not sure I’ll be able to find a similar one at Marshall’s. Finger’s crossed!!

And these leggings!? Totally not something I would be drawn too but you look so edgy yet feminine. I need more of this!!!
    Tiffany recently posted..Pumpkin White Chocolate CookiesMy Profile

10. Sharon
    23 Oct at 9:15 am (11 months ago)

I’m loving the leather trend too and these leggings look fabulous on you!

-Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

11. Alyssa
    23 Oct at 9:33 am (11 months ago)

Leather leggings intimidate the heck out of me too! But once I actually wore then, I realized they weren’t THAT scary. You look so gorgeous!
    Alyssa recently posted..let’s talk: being aloneMy Profile

12. Shanna
    23 Oct at 9:41 am (11 months ago)

Um, you rocked these leggings!! Home run, lady!! I loved seeing a more edgy side of your style. These definitely need to make another appearance soon!! :)
    Shanna recently posted..Three Online FavoritesMy Profile

13. Alissa
    23 Oct at 9:48 am (11 months ago)

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried on a pair of leather leggings. They are so fun!
    Alissa recently posted..FALALALALALALAMy Profile

14. Niki
    23 Oct at 10:05 am (11 months ago)

You know I’m loving leather lately, and these look incredible on you! Legwear Loft is awesome!
    Niki recently posted..Beer BreadMy Profile

15. Franziska
    23 Oct at 10:18 am (11 months ago)

your legs look absolutely amazing here!

16. Ashley
    23 Oct at 11:11 am (11 months ago)

Look at you in those leather leggings! You look awesome! Good for you for getting out of your comfort zone – I always feel a little weird trying new things, but I am usually happy with the results. It is so good to get out of your comfort zone sometimes!
    Ashley recently posted..Outfit of the Week – Fall FloralMy Profile

17. Vicky
    23 Oct at 2:00 pm (11 months ago)

Go you! I bought some but have yet to wear them! I might have to break them out this weekend.

-Vicky
    Come link up with me at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday

18. Vicky
    23 Oct at 2:02 pm (11 months ago)

Thanks for linking up with me this week too!
    Vicky recently posted..My Sick NeedMy Profile

19. Nikki
    23 Oct at 2:23 pm (11 months ago)

You look awesome!! I just got some pants with leather down the sides and I can’t wait to wear them! Fabulous look!

Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

20. Agi
    23 Oct at 4:56 pm (11 months ago)

I love leather leggings!!!! I have a pair and i wish i could wear them everyday. You look amazing. Love the way you styled it.

Hope you stop by tomorrow and link up to my weekly tres-chic fashion Thursday link up.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com
    Agi recently posted..Blazer, Polka Dots and Mae NecklaceMy Profile

21. Lyddiegal
    23 Oct at 9:19 pm (11 months ago)

Just the trim makes for a very different and so much more approachable look than full on leather!
    Lyddiegal recently posted..Fall shoe wardrobeMy Profile

22. Head to Toe Chic
    23 Oct at 9:39 pm (11 months ago)

These leggings are so fun! They look great with your shirt with the gorgeous detailing.

xo,
    Angela
    Head to Toe Chic recently posted..A CelebrationMy Profile

23. Katie
    23 Oct at 10:31 pm (11 months ago)

you look awesome in these! i don’t own anything leather but want to and think I could do those!
    Katie recently posted..Jail timeMy Profile

24. Vicki @ WITC
    24 Oct at 9:25 am (11 months ago)

Dropping by from the I Feel Pretty Linkup! Thanks for the advice :) I should try something new today! I have tried on a few pairs of leather pants, haven’t made the plunge yet.

<3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com
    Vicki @ WITC recently posted..Current Obsession – Statement NecklacesMy Profile

25. ash
    24 Oct at 12:27 pm (11 months ago)

I just bought some and can’t wait to take them on vacation with me this weekend! I’m gonna try them with some plaid and boots, 90s style! I think yours would look equally as good with something girlie, like a pink lace tunic.
    ash recently posted..I’d wear this to work, except I wear a uniform :( My Profile

26. Rachel
    28 Oct at 8:39 pm (11 months ago)

Fab outfit! And can I just say how amazing the backdrop is?