Bright & Bold Maxi Dress

Can we take a minute to talk about confidence? With motherhood looming on the horizon, self-confidence is something I’ve been really grappling with lately. While I do occasionally struggle with the thoughts of being “ready” (if there is such a thing!) to be a mom, body image has probably been the hardest for me so far. how wear a maxi dress springThat tiny, cute round little bump never appeared on my body. Instead, I’ve watched weight spread around my midsection, leaving me feeling super-chunky and definitely not “cute pregnant.” I’ve essentially had to learn to dress an entirely new body type, and while I’ve loved being pregnant so far, it has at times felt like a chore to get ready in the mornings.
layer scarf and maxi dresshow wear non-maternity clothes while pregnant

non-maternity pregnancy clotheslayer maxi dress spring

Finding clothes that fit and flatter have definitely made the transition a bit better. I refuse to invest a lot of money on a whole pregnancy wardrobe, so I’ve been focusing on incorporating items, like this maxi, that work now and will work post-pregnancy as well. Shopping at Marshalls has been a huge life-saver, allowing me to pick up designer, in-season items without dropping a lot of money. Nothing makes a woman feel more confident than clothes that make her feel great, right?! And knowing that I haven’t spent a month’s worth of diaper money on a new outfit helps too! ;)

Dress: Pink Rose c/o Marshalls (option, option), Scarf: Gaurav c/o Marshalls (similar), Shoes: Target (similar), Bracelets: Stella & Dot Eden Bangle, Gilded Arrow Bangle

*Disclosure: I have received free products or value from Marshalls or The TJX Companies, Inc. in connection with my affiliation with Marshalls Project FAB.*

29 Comments on Bright & Bold Maxi Dress

1. Ashley
    15 Apr at 7:39 am (3 months ago)

Those early months of pregnancy are hard. Don’t worry…the cute little bump you’re waiting for will come soon enough! I think you look amazing. It’s so true…when you wear clothes that you feel good in, you’re much more confident! (something I’m actually going to talk a little more about tomorrow.)
    Ashley recently posted..The thing about social media….My Profile

2. Jena
    15 Apr at 8:45 am (3 months ago)

You look great! Pregnancy is really a journey, and you will go through so many different phases in it. But just enjoy each one! I remember I just felt fat at first until the bump was bigger, and then when it got too big I was just over it after awhile! Your blog will definitely help you stay motivated to dress cute and embrace it :) It helped me! Congrats again :)

3. Tiffany
    15 Apr at 9:23 am (3 months ago)

You look absolutely amazing!!No worries and you are totally rocking pregnancy with confidence!

4. Sharon
    15 Apr at 9:40 am (3 months ago)

What a pretty color…that maxi looks gorgeous on you!

-Sharon

5. Becky @ bybmg
    15 Apr at 9:58 am (3 months ago)

You look beautiful! It is nice that you’ll be pregnant over the summer so you can rock the dresses!
    Becky @ bybmg recently posted..Quick Tutorial: W CakeMy Profile

6. Patrick Weseman
    15 Apr at 10:24 am (3 months ago)

Going to say this about being parent-no one is ready but if you give the kid a little love, some sun, some food and some water good things can happen. That is what I did with my two (a junior and senior in high school) and they are turning out ok.

7. Niki
    15 Apr at 10:40 am (3 months ago)

We are always the hardest on ourselves! I think you are gorgeous pregnant and you don’t look chunky at all! And I love this dress – I can’t help but smile when I see this color!
    Niki recently posted..Spring OutfitMy Profile

8. Alissa
    15 Apr at 10:46 am (3 months ago)

Lauren you look amazing. You really do. Definitely not chunky, fluffy or anything else!

9. Rachel
    15 Apr at 10:47 am (3 months ago)

This maxi dress is gorgeous!

10. Rachel
    15 Apr at 1:21 pm (3 months ago)

Now I wish I had thought of more maxi dresses or larger dresses when I had my first pregnancy. I would have saved more money for sure. You look lovely. Beautiful scarf too. Rachel xo
    Rachel recently posted..Striped tee over a floral maxi dressMy Profile

11. Linda Cassidy
    15 Apr at 1:46 pm (3 months ago)

That is an amazing colour on you and I have to say the hair lately, I really like the colour and style. Awesome Maxi Dress and scarf and both pieces are perfect always.

12. Sabrina
    15 Apr at 3:09 pm (3 months ago)

Wow, it’s so refreshing to hear someone being so honest about the struggles of being pregnant. You are absolutely beautiful and don’t think any differently. Your body is changing in a miraculous way, embrace it girlfriend. You are glowing!

x. Sabrina | Simply Sabrina
    Sabrina recently posted..GOT THE BLUES’ – Chambray & Boyfriend BlazerMy Profile

13. Inge
    15 Apr at 4:01 pm (3 months ago)

I think you look great! And this is the cutest maxi.
    Inge recently posted..Pantone: PalomaMy Profile

14. AJ
    15 Apr at 9:35 pm (3 months ago)

I have never been pregnant, but I do know that you are doing an amazing job dressing your new body! A maxi dress is the perfect outfit for feeling casual while looking put together. I love that you matched the scarf too!

-AJ
    AJ recently posted..Business TeeMy Profile

15. Gnome Lover
    17 Apr at 1:19 am (3 months ago)

You look great! I love that color on you! I love the scarf, too!

Jenni